About the Candidate:
We are in search of a seasoned Interaction Designer capable of managing projects as well as executing on designing beautiful user experiences. In this role, you get exposure to and involvement with all parts of the design process: proposal writing, client relationship development, user research, concept development, prototyping, visual design and design stewardship. We’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about designing elegant user experiences as they are using systems thinking and human-centered design as a source of inspiration.
We're an agile design studio that's designing objects, smart apparel and digital products. We've got a diverse team, giving you the opportunity to work side by side with industrial designers, apparel designers and engineers. If you're interested in developing world class products and you are always looking to improve your craft please apply. If you are happy with mediocrity please do not apply.
Experience we’re looking for:
·You are hardcore about digital products. You have 5+ years of working experience in designing digital product, service, and experience from ideation to implementation.
·You’re a confident and flexible leader of interdisciplinary teams.
·You’re a systems thinker and can make sense of complex information, user interaction flows and system architecture.
· You can create beautiful user interfaces and you love working out the design details just as much as thinking about big ideas.
·You get what it takes to build something – regardless of the means. Whether it's overseeing a development partner or working with an in-house team you know how to bring a software product to market.
· You understand Human Centered Design Practices as well as Agile Product Development practice.
· You can relate to individuals and nurture talent. You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
· You have a point of view and you are able to distinguish between “good” and “great” work.
· Ability to convey concepts through wire frames, flows and mock-ups.
· Fluent in visual design tools, such as Photoshop and Sketch and holds visual design and brand in high regard.
· Fluent in prototyping (for example, animations with AfterEffects, click-throughs with Keynote, interactive prototypes with Flinto or Principle, etc.)
· You should also know how to use Illustrator and InDesign.
· You can clearly articulate the process, approach, and impact of your design in verbal and visual presentation.
· Willingness to Travel to San Francisco is a bonus as we are in the process of setting up a satellite office there.
· Business development chops are a bonus. If you love building client relationships and creating new relationships, we've got a nice incentive structure set-up to reward you for making new friends.
Compensation is flexible right now and based on experience – pay range from $70K to $100K, depending on experience, plus business development commission. If this job description gets you genuinely excited, please email your CV and portfiolio to firstname.lastname@example.org