Senior Industrial Designer
You are a senior level Industrial Designer who has worked at world class design consultancies and has reached a point in your career where you are interested in design direction, business development and client management for a small but growing design consultancy.
About the Job:
In our efforts to grow our business into new markets, we are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer who has worked at world class design consultancies and is ready to lead a team of designers, bring in new business and manage clients.
· An Industrial Design Lead and Client Manager with a lot of experience with digital design.
· Have 8+ years of experience designing successful physical and digital products (Apps/Websites) and have also lead creative teams to successful outcomes.
· Has global experience working with clients both large and small and vendors outside of Canada and have a proven track record of developing new business opportunities internationally, preferably in Asia and/or Europe.
· Has worked on teams developing both Hardware and Software (Apps/Websites).
· Has experience managing client relationships working with multiple or a single client to develop the client’s brand and product range.
· Experience facilitating design thinking and innovation workshops globally and comfortable pushing clients to transform their organizations through design and innovation over time.
· Experience being a creative lead and providing design direction to a design team with the ability to think holistically as well as be able to get your hands dirty doing design work.
· Design skills include: 1) Sketching - ability to sketch on paper and/or digital sketching (on wacom CINTIQ tablets) 2) CAD - 3D Surface Modeling software like Rhinoceros 3D. 3) Prototyping - Model making which includes physical mock-ups of products. 4) High-level UX skills 5) ability to map out and wireframe UX that is both on screen and physical.
Additional Skills or experience that would be an asset include:
· Experience with clients and vendors in China and Europe.
· Business Level Chinese language skills to deal with client and suppliers to ensure design and manufacturing integrity.
· Running Agile UX/UI teams to develop Apps for Products.
· Has been recognized internationally, ideally with International Design Awards.
If this opportunity sounds like the one you or someone you know has been waiting for, then please send a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage: $70,000 - $100,000 (compensation dependent on experience).
Candidates should be Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents or hold a valid Canadian Work Permit.
Industrial Design Intern
You are an Industrial Design student in the last two years of your degree. You’re interested in working in a studio where you will be exposed to innovative new projects and will have the opportunity to develop your skills.
- Provide support for our industrial design team
- Be extremely passionate about consumer products
- Assist in design on a variety of products, from research, sketching, ideating, prototyping, rendering, creating document layouts and CMF, and preparation for presentations
- Work closely with both industrial design as well as UX
- Assist internal brainstorms and design reviews
- Opportunity for growth by learning from experienced professionals
- Recent grad or student in last 2 years of your Industrial Design or Product Design degree
- Awesome hand sketching, model making and functional mock-ups
- Ability to work with 3D modeling software (Solidworks or Rhino)
- Ability to work with 3D rendering software (Keyshot)
- Ability to work in Adobe Creative Suite
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Self-motivated to achieve a high standard of work
- Share innovative solutions
- Refined aesthetic and attention to detail
- Consumer electronics industry experience strongly preferred
- Contact us through email@example.com
- Provide a cover letter
- Provide a resume
- Provide a link to your online portfolio, or a PDF of 10MB or less
- In lieu of any of the above suitably impress us in any way you see fit